With Passover coming up, I've prepared a healthier version of my favorite snack these days - roasted cinnamon pecans. This, hopefully, will drown out the call of the Passover macaroons! Anyway, here's my recipe. It's easy, healthy and YUMMMMM.... for kids and adults alike. And yes, this is a fun snack to make with kids.
2 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 225 F. Lightly grease the baking sheet.
2. Whisk the egg whites and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the pecans in portions, and fold.
3. In a small tupperware with lid, mix sugar, salt and cinnamon. Shake.
4. Add cinnamon-sugar in small quantity to the pecans and mix gently. *I used less than half of the cinnamon-sugar, so I'm saving the rest for future pancakes or roasted almonds.
5. Bake for an hour. Mix in between, every 10-15 minutes.
And now back to that portion control - just put some in little containers. They're handy to keep for snack, and good to add on your salad. Next snack to make: roasted savory cashews or almonds!
By the way, kudos to my very enthusiastic assistant.